Monday, October 15, 2012

Morning at the Train Station

A large flock of geese fly against a early morning fall sky, with clounds that remind me of three stacked baguettes at the bakery. Nearing the municipal baseball field across from where I stand at the train station, I watch the flock split. The larger group drop and land. The other part continue then bank and circle completely around like we do so often over the Lake in five o'clock O'Hare air traffic. They surprise me in their full spiral and glide low to land with the others. I wonder if another batallion might be behind. Looking up I watch a sole bird sweeping back and forth across the sky like the cowboy erasing his trail.  A higher flying hawk crosses over the station and the park into the bread-cloud. "Metra commuters", the announcement breaks my awe. "The inbound train is now arriving." 10/15/12

No comments:

Post a Comment