Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Handbag in Freezer Moment


I make espresso every morning. I take the maker apart,  clean the pieces and while the water’s running, refill the tank. I take the bean grinder from the cupboard add beans, grind, tap the grinder container three times on each side to dislodge the grounds, and pour them into the funnel filter, twist on top, place on stove and listen for it to perk then stop. 

This morning, I took the maker apart, cleaned the pieces, and while the water ran refilled the tank. I ground the beans, tapped the grinder container three times on each side and poured the coffee into the tank, said "shit" and flung the water with floating grounds into the sink. I opened the cupboard to remove the coffee grinder, and, not on plan, a box of tea, St. John’s Good Mood fell on my hand. I deemed this a religious intervention and began my process again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment