Saturday, August 29, 2015

Missing a Paper Dictionary - Moslem, Mosque and Moses on the Same Page

In 2013, I purchased for $2 at a garage sale, a 2500 page Unabridged Webster's New 20th Century Dictionary with a 1968 copyright. Randomly exploring on this rainy day that interrupted my usual busy Saturday morning,  I learned that mosaic, Moslem and mosque are on the same page, as is, ironically, moses, though in this case, it's defined as a boat having a flat bottom, used for carrying sugar to vessels. So is mot, n. (Fr.) 1. Literally, a word;  hence a motto. [Obs] 2. a witticism; a pithy remark; a bon mot.

(Which, ironically, this is supposed to be.)

And moth ball, where, in the plural,  I have metaphorically stored my dictionary.

I discovered, I miss a paper dictionary a place where co existence of unlikely items is possible. 




No comments:

Post a Comment