Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Flossing - It all comes out in the wash

In recent years, I’ve shifted from two to four appointments with the hygienist for cleaning. In the last year, after tiring of the reminders to floss every day spend and spend two minutes brushing, I complied. My chiropractor enabled this when she helped me make this ritual a multi-tasking event by adding leg raises, curls with an eight pound weight and one-foot balance exercises. After only two months, the indicators for gum disease receded, so to speak.


In my last two visits the hygienist and the dentist individually suggested that I purchase a water-flosser. I felt ganged up on and decided selling appliances must be a strategy for them to continue the enjoyment of three day weekends every week. The nagging worked and I bought one. This is a testimonial that HydroFloss is a miracle tool. Gross as it sounds, all this masticated stuff that I thought I already brushed and flossed away comes out in the wash. I admit, I probably skimp on the two minute brushing now to get to the satisfaction of watching all the crud flow away. If your hygienist suggests one, consider it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment