Monday, November 25, 2013

Last Night's Dream - that left me with an impression of Alzheimer's Disease


Stepping from the threshold of my apartment building, I was lost. No instinct helped me turn right or left toward work. In one direction, a fancy, deep brown lace-cut iron walking bridge crossed high above the road, though I couldn’t see what connected it at either end. In the other direction an endless string of buildings that looked like the one I was leaving. I’d never find home again. I turned around and the door was gone. I didn’t  see the inside of my own place. I only saw a warren of stairs to floors of doors, that when reaching the end, opened to the outside with concrete verandas and concrete paths descending from them with more iron railings that led down to the street. From the street, however, I saw no way to access them.

No comments:

Post a Comment