Sunday, June 16, 2019

Paintings and Synchronicity

Who loves synchronicity? Me too. 

So, there I was at the Chicago Flower and Garden Show looking for something to paint. Nothing spoke to me, till I found a large display that included farm implements, a bee keeping suit, bee hives and a farm stand with honey. Turns out the Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences sponsored the booth. I painted the faux farmer’s market scene and bought honey at their trailer where they sold that and other products they produced. I was inspired after talking to the kids and teachers and learning about the cool programs they had, and wanted to connect again. Unfortunately, I didn’t get names. Ha… until synchronicity stepped in. Guess who the lead beekeeper/teacher is at the school? Greg Fischer, the beekeeper and owner of Wild Blossom Meadery and Winery, who will be offering mead tastings at the Buzz – Bees and Beekeepers, paintings by Mary Longe at Chimera Loft, 6/29 5:30-8.  

Oh, and who doesn’t love a good pun?  The Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences is outstanding in it’s field. 









The other odd thing that happened at the Garden show while I was painting  that picture… I had tucked myself in a corner so I’d be out of the way. Nearly done, I heard, Mary Longe? It was the daughter of dear friends who live in Asheville who’d moved from the south a couple weeks prior. I had a painting I’d done of her playhouse in TN a couple months before that, to give her as a house warming. Honestly, I don’t love the painting of the faux farmers market, but I love all the connections that day.




No comments:

Post a Comment