Sunday, August 12, 2012

Garage Door Movies - Legal?


Coming out of my sister’s condo complex the other night long after dark, I caught site of a bigger than life black and white image flashed on her neighbor’s garage. As I approached the corner the image disappeared. The garage door no longer looked like a screen and I wondered if it was my imagination.

I slowed, worried there would be activity in the street from a block party with an outdoor movie event. When I turned onto that block, the house, the sidewalk and the street appeared vacant. The garage door on the corner house across from where I thought I saw the image, however, was open. A fluorescent light bulb above a workbench backlit four people just inside the garage in camp chairs, each with the silhouette of a beer bottle tucked in a drink holder. They sat in a row, like a movie theater rather than in a conversation round, clearly watching the images on the neighbor’s garage-door screen. Reaching the other end of the block, in my rear view mirror I could see a new photo displayed on the garage. I wondered whether they were doing something illicit and whether one of them had the garage door remote for a quick and tidy clean up when the neighbors got home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment