Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Michi-hand Home

I grew up, please look at your right hand palm side up, in Michigan. I was born about an inch below the start of the thumb in Grosse Pointe, went to college in Mt. Pleasant where the ring finger and middle finger meet, lived in Lansing and worked at Michigan State about an inch below that and before then, worked in Jackson and lived there for two months until the cockroaches drove me to live in Lansing with my boyfriend…. who eventually became husband Number One. He was from Lapeer, that area at the base of the thumb inland a half an inch. 

My parents were from Ionia across the State, at the intersection of baby finger and ring finger. Husband Number Two grew up over on the left hand in Wisconsin and we have a son who lives, if I had really big wrists, just around the bend at the bottom of the Lake in Chicago. 

It’s very handy to come from Michigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment