Saturday, August 18, 2012

Jeans - Font Size - Writing and Gloria Vanderbilt


Yesterday, in looking up how many words per page and how many pages per book, I found a reference that said 400 words for fiction, 1000 words per page for academic books. No wonder, I like to read fiction… there is a lot more white than black on the page… it allows my mind to take it all in.

For writing, my lap top is set for 12, sometimes 14-point font size. It’s easier on the eye, it’s easier to find the typos that the spell-checker misses.   This reminds me of a day back in the eighties when jeans were first moving beyond the red and white tag of Levis to designer names displayed boldly on back pockets. My friend Max said, “You know you shouldn’t wear jeans if they require 40 font.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment